14 Lives Lost at Kakamega Primary School Due to Stampede
Kakamega County is in mourning state after 14 pupils of Kakamega Primary School lost their lives due to stampede.
The class four and five pupils are said to have panicked and rushed over an exit along the staircase in the storey building.
The injured pupils were taken to Kakamega County Referral Hospital.
6 pupils are being monitored in the ICU as others await airlifting to Nairobi and Eldoret for further treatment.
The Monday evening sad incident was confirmed by the Kakamega Central Police Comander David Kabena.
It has not been established as to what may have caused the class four and five pupils to panic.
In September 2019, a primary school building collapsed in Nairobi causing 7 deaths.
The Precious Talent school building accident made the Education Cabinet Secretary Prof George Magoha lounge stringest measures to safeguard student lives.
- KNEC Permits 2020 KCSE Registration without UPI – NEMIS number
- 2020 TSC Teacher Interns are Eligible to Apply for Current Replacement Vacancies, Says TSC
- Wife Busts Two Senior Gov’t Officers ‘Baking Sweet Forbidden Potato’
- 2020 TSC Jobs: Replacement Vacancies for Primary and Secondary Teachers for Sept-Dec 2019
- Breaking News: Chebwagan High School Dormitory on Fire
- 2020 SECONDARY SCHEMES OF WORK
- 2019 SCHEMES OF WORK
- Jalang’o Pledges Four-Year Fees for Form One Boy who Reported with Soap only
- TSC Roles, Duties, and Terms of Service for SEQIP and SBTSS Trainers and Facilitators
- KNEC Releases 2019 Business and Technical Examinations Results and Opens portal for March 2020 Registration
- 10 Important Teaching Tips for New Teachers
- TSC Intern Applicants Skip Interviews as Several Schools Miss Teachers
- 17 SDA Students Suspended from Kabianga High School for Missing Saturday Exam
- Re-advertised TSC Vacancies for Administrators Open to All Teachers
- TSC Lists 45,986 Non-Compliant Teachers Hours to Wealth Declaration Deadline
- TSC to Charge Teachers for Applying for Review of a Disciplinary Case
- Download 2020 Schemes of Work for Free
- TSC in Trouble as Lawyer Threatens to File Law Suite Over Teacher Interns’ Poor Remuneration
- TSC Teacher Job Group Promotion Interview Questions about Teachers Service Commission
- TSC Roles, Duties, and Terms of Service for SEQIP and SBTTSS Trainers and Facilitators
- MP Wants TSC CEO Dr. Macharia and all Commissioners Out of Office
- KNEC Pays the 2019 KCSE Contracted Examiners
- TSC Transfers Teachers to Secure Stations Within North Eastern Counties
- TSC Extends Wealth Declaration Deadline for 9,855 Teachers
- KNEC Starts Paying the 2019 National Examinations Invigilators
- KNEC’s Latest Instructions on 2020 KCSE, KCPE, and QT Candidates Registration
- Golden Advice to the 2020 Form Ones before School Orientation
- Government Extends the 2020 Form One Reporting Deadline to 24th of January 2020
- 15,000 Ugandan Teachers to be Dismissed over Forged Documents
- Education System Secrets Of Countries With Highest Literacy Rates