According to the TSC act of 2012 under article 237, the commission requires that all those teaching any public or private school be registered before discharging his/her duties. This who happen to have met all the minimum requirements for registration with the TSC are issued with a registration certificate which bears his/ names and the TSC number within a span of 30 days. After all the teachers have been registered for a certain year, the commission publishes all the names of all teachers registered in the Kenya Gazette.
How to get your TSC registration certificate online
1. Visit the Teacher service Commission portal.
2. Click on the registration tab
3. You will be redirected to a new page
4. Fill in the details by entering your personal and employment information including the TSC number, your full names as they appear in the ID, ID number, KRA tax pin, date of birth and other required details.
5. Create and confirm the new password that you will use to login to the system
6. Attach all the scanned original documents where applicable, then click on submit.
You will now wait for the TSC to verify your documents and once verification is done you will receive your TSC number and later after 30 days you will receive your certificate.