Bridge Academy Forced to lay off teachers
Bridge International Academies has temporarily laid-off its staff in a bid to brace-up with the tough economic times caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
Daily Nation reported that the School issued the `laying-off` directive through an internal memo.
The memo was circulated in all the Bridge schools across the 40 counties in the Country.
The Bridge Academy staff faced with the lay-off are set to continue enjoying some benefits.
According to the memo, the benefits include; medical insurance cover and a 10 percent salary per month.
Unlike private school teachers, TSC employed ones have been assured of their salary. They have already pocketed their March 2020 salary.
Bridge International Academies is a for-profit network of schools that started in Kenya in 2007.
Bridge Aims to ensure more children have increased access to quality education.
President Uhuru Kenyatta ordered the closure of all schools in the country on Sunday the 15th of March 2020. This was after the first Covid-19 case was confirmed in the country.
The President ordered all educational institutions shut to contain the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19).
FREE RESOURCES FOR DOWNLOAD
- Form 1-4 Lesson Notes
- Form 1-4 Powerpoint Lesson Notes
- Form 1-4 Topical Questions and Answers
- KCSE Past Papers from 1996-2019
- KCSE Topical Revision
- Primary School Resources
- Grade 1-3 Resources
- Italian Covid-19 Patients Flown by Military to Germany for Treatment
- TSC Deregisters 40 Teachers in March 2020, Here are the details
- Ministry of Education to Broadcast Lessons to Learners from Monday 23rd March 2020
- How to Pay NHIF Contribution Using Mpesa
- New Corona Virus Infections Drop for the Third Day in a Row, Death Toll Exceeds 1,600
- Thieves Vanish with Mumias East Police Station Main Gate
- CS Magoha Warns Teachers On Tuition During Corona Break
- Teachers AON Insurance Changes Mode of Identification at Hospitals to Curb Corona Spread
- Uhuru Orders All Schools Closed from Monday to Curb Corona Spread
- Crownways Institute Courses, Contacts, and Registration Details
- Kenyan Teacher Anyango Among the Top 50 Shortlisted for Sh. 100 Million Global Teacher Prize
- TVET Opens Online MIS System for Licensing of Trainers, Assessors, Colleges, and Programs
- How to Use TVET MIS Online Portal to License Colleges, Programs, Trainers /Assessors, and Verifiers via mis.tveta.go.ke
- Lawyer Sues TSC for Employing 10,300 Teachers on Internship
- Makerere University Unveils Boda Boda Study Course for June 2020
- TSC in Trouble as Lawyer Threatens to File Law Suite Over Teacher Interns’ Poor Remuneration
- MP Wants TSC CEO Dr. Macharia and all Commissioners Out of Office
- TSC to Charge Teachers for Applying for Review of a Disciplinary Case
- TSC Teacher Job Group Promotion Interview Questions about Teachers Service Commission
- 2020 TSC Teacher Interns are Eligible to Apply for Current Replacement Vacancies, Says TSC
- TSC Teachers Medical Insurer AON Adopts New Client Identification Methods to Access Services
- TSC Lists 45,986 Non-Compliant Teachers Hours to Wealth Declaration Deadline